Sunday, May 16, 2010

(In?) Sanity.

So, I've been thinking about what this blog should be for quite some time. At first, I wanted an anonymous place to vent, then I wasn't so sure I didn't want my old blogging buddies not knowing about this after all, and now... well, I think it's just going to be a bit of a free for all.Take it as it comes, and, well, maybe cutting back on the bitching might not be such a bad idea...



I came out of surgery on my arm this morning and am feeling utterly woe-begone. I'm not supposed to do any of the things I spend my life doing - driving, riding, walking the dogs - or, in fact, anything at all. Worked out well as I had a class on injection techniques in guinea pigs today, but still. I split the previous scar open only a few hours after the stitches came out last Thursday from the first op, so I promised myself I would be a good girl this time around. But two more weeks? We'll see how long I last before I'm back in my car.



However, sitting on my ass wondering how to entertain myself (why didn't I pick up a weeks supply of chick flicks? InStyle? A new Jodie Picoult? Suduko, for goodness sake!) I read something rather interesting. Polar bears are left-paw dominant. And it got me thinking - animals have dominant paws? (Or limbs, hooves, you get the idea). I tried googling it, but could only find that dogs are 80% more dominant with their right paw. Then my thought process moved on to "well, I guess Panda's eat more bamboo with one hand than the other, and I suppose gibbons swing through the trees favoring one arm more..." and then I realized.

I am going to go completely insane over these next two weeks, so what better time to get this blog started? Please... if you've got anything of interest for me, any suggestions for what to google next, books to read, movies to watch... I beg you, leave me a comment and keep me sane!

2 comments:

  1. No suggestions, but I'm happy to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Melisa :) It's been a long, long time..

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me some love. You know you want to.